Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Arise & Shine Forth or Crash & Burn?

The Mia Maids planned a wonderful activity for all of us last night. We worked together to make 7 paper lanterns in an effort to demonstrate our Mutual theme-- Arise and Shine Forth.










The quote "Find joy in the journey" seems applicable with this activity. Part of the fun was not only trying to fly them, but in working together to build them.

















Although we didn't have as much success in flying them, a great time was had by all. A lesson to be learned from this is to continue to let your light shine and be an example. Sometimes our efforts don't have the outcome we want, but we can always learn and grow from it.










Anytime something goes up in flames it's exciting-- at least that's what the scouts think.





**Want to double your chances of winning a candy bar in our blog drawing? Leave a comment telling us how you can "Arise and shine forth" in your everyday life. Those who do will get their name entered twice in our drawing!**




7 comments:

Rachel Jones said...

I can arise and shine forth by showing what I believe, because it is good to show what you like and what you don't like and what you believe. I believe that God is real and so is Jesus Christ or else no one would be here in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Buchanan Fam said...

Rachel, what a great testimony! Thank you!

Kelli Christensen said...

I "arose and shown forth" by sharing my testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with a friend today who doesn't belive they exist! I was nervous, but I think it went well.

Buchanan Fam said...

Wow Kelli! That shows so much Integrity to share your beliefs like that.

Anonymous said...

That was a great idea Kelli & Luann. Thanks!
-Chizuru

hannah said...

it was so much fun and 3 of them went up in flames!!!

Anonymous said...

That was so fun!!!!! Ours caught on fire, but it was still fun! it almost got up!!!!!1 Luckily no one got burned! ~Kimber